After an 8-year drought from the playoffs, the Minnesota Timberwolves are finally on the cusp of breaking the current longest and most notorious streak in the NBA. Until the season starts and we can see the progress that the Wolves front office has made, however, here is a brief recap of an offseason sure to excite the fans.
- Kahn confirmed that he is done making off-season moves until after the Olympics. He does have a potential trade lined up that he called “significant”, but this will most likely be nothing more than a glorified sixth man.
- Glen Taylor is selling the Timberwolves with a clause that will ensure that the team and the Lynx cannot be moved. Taylor hasn’t yet revealed a name but he did state that this new minority partner is not a Minnesotan and that this individual will gradually take over more of the team with each coming season.
- The two newest Timberwolves, Andrei Kirilenko and Alexey Shved dominated the Great Britain in the opening round of the Olympics and helped lead a more balanced and dominant attack on China earlier this morning. Kirilenko had 16 points, 9 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block against China while Shved had 14 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound, and 2 steals. Shved finished his time on the court with a beautiful reverse 2-handed slam and while Kahn has stated Shved will play the 2, don’t be surprised if that changes. He’s looked really smooth running the offense at the 1 and could play in Rubio’s spot until he’s healthy.
- Sorry to disappoint but Brandon Rush is on the verge of re-signing with the Golden State Warriors. The SG/SF, while not as highly coveted as a player like Andre Iguodala, was scouted very carefully by the Wolves.
- Willie Green also agreed to a sign-and-trade to the Clippers. Willie Green was linked to a possible move to Minnesota, but due to the Wes Johnson trade and the Andrei Kirilenko signing, that move became something of an afterthought.
That’s it for now. Vikings should be dominating the feed the next few weeks as training camp is currently going on and pre-season will start soon. Stay posted.